It was a Friday that Shane planted herbs in a bed near the house, including a catnip plant. Saturday morning I heard him telling Nigel sternly to stop, and I asked him what was going on. Nigel found the catnip plant, and proceeded to roll ALL over it, flattening it completely. Maybe it will still come back? At least he doesn't like basil, parsley, or chives.
But the herb garden looks good, and I am excited for it to grow. And I have lots more photos of the garden to share!
*update: After posting this, I went outside to look at it, and it's totally coming back. I snapped a photo with my phone:

3 comments:
Thank goodness it's ALIVE! Your garden is so cute. I'm sure it will grow up big and strong! I wish I had a green thumb but I'm a plant killer(like Nigel..hehe)...indoor, outdoor...they always die.
You should put a little cage around it. That will keep little nigel from rolling on it, but then he can sniff on it and such :) little bamboo stakes work well too!
Thanks Hannah! I had many many garden fails before being at all successful, both with indoor and outdoor plants. I started with jades indoors and those finally worked - they're so hardy. And taking an Urban Farm class in college helped with the outdoor plants - but even so, last year I killed our olive tree and I still feel badly about it!
Jenna - that's a good idea - we need to set something like that up. When I walked outside tonight to take that photo he was at my feet rubbing against my legs, and didn't roll on the catnip again, so maybe that's a good sign? :)
Post a Comment